This is the third article on the finer nuances of the NLP Fast Phobia Cure and Trauma Relief Pattern. The cure or pattern itself, is something that in my opinion can only be learned a live NLP training environment with a trainer present, which requires a full NLP Practitioner skillset.
The client is too chatty, alert, and talkative
When doing this process for real, the client tends to be quiet as a mouse, except when asked a question. Even when asked “do you understand these instructions?” When the client is too chatty, you need to start paying attention. Because you may want to alter what you are doing.
1. You have to help the client transition in to it, and understand that the process has started. Help the client understand that this is the moment, to turn inward. So after asking the question “Do you visualize, better with your eyes open or closed?” And then give them instructions to close or not close their eyes, you change your voice. You preferably lower the place you speak from to your abdomen, make it lower in tone, slow it, cadence/rhythm to it, elongate your vowels, 4-tuple the creation of the movie theater, use your Miltons. I have to admit though, plently of times I haven’t done any of these things, and did it very playful for instance. It is important the client does focus and do what’s asked.
2. Take your time, truly create the experience. 4-tuple it. It’s just nicer that way.
3. You must have the voice of confidence, and know what you are doing. There is no room for error and not knowing the steps. They don’t know the process, fear in your voice….makes for a rough start. You have to have the verbals and non-verbals of confidence. State control and preparation are key!
4. There is no rapport, you MUST be in rapport with the client.
5. It can also be the client, maybe the client is nervous and starts getting chatty and not really focus on the proces.
6. In a public environment, some people volunteer to just get the attention. They don’t actually do the technique, they are verbal to put on a show. Beware!
7. The client gets something out of not doing the pattern, so pretends to have “tried everything.” No matter how much someone says they are willing to try everything, this may not actually be the case. This is secondary gain. I could devote an entire article on that. You need to work with the secondary gain first. What does the client get out of keeping the phobia?
NLP Fast Phobia Cure and Trauma Relief Pattern Tips – Four coming soon….