Wellness coaching is my passion and as a trainer of coaches around the world, I am often asked what I regard to be really good questions that get clients to stop and think. Life changing questions that is. There are so many, but here are a few.
Wellness coaching questions:
1. Who am I? (Who are you really?)
2. What is a question that you should be asking yourself at this moment in time?
3. What were your hobbies as a teenager that you currently aren’t doing anymore?
4. What does it require for you to become the best parent? (If this applies.)
5. What is it that you do for fun? (And how often do you do this?)
6. Do you laugh at least once a day? When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
7. When you spend an extended amount of time with yourself, do your thoughts go dark?
8. What would you do, if you weren’t afraid of anything?
9. If there were anything you could be, money aside, what would it be?
10. If you would write your own obituary right now, what would it say?
How do you find questions like this? Well, for my wellness coaching and NLP training company I read a lot of books of course, and watch a lot of motivational speakers. But in all honesty, I am always on the lookout for amazing questions like this. Sometimes I see them in advertisements, a statement someone makes, or an article that I read. Other sources include: quote websites, social media updates, movies, TV etc.
I think a person can’t ask themselves enough questions, in the privacy of their own mind. I think it is an excellent (and free) way to do wellness coaching on yourself.
What I also do with my clients in wellness coaching is to revisit and ask the same question 6-8 weeks later.